Here we go.

09 December 2008

STILL ILL

I'm frustrated because I don't seem to be getting better. I still have hellof congestion, a dry cough, body ache, tiredness & this morning, I woke up with fluid in my left ear. It has since gone away, but wtf was that all about? I try not to overexert myself, so no kickboxing. I go to bed early & enjoy Nyquil dreams until it's time to go to work. We've got perpetual humidifier action with TWO humidifiers. Fluids. Lots of fluids. Breathe Easy tea, orange juice, water, water, water, and an occasional Emergen-C for a boost of energy. I suppose that if I don't see an improvement in the next couple of days, I'll call my doctor. I actually tried calling him three times today, but they put me on hold & then hung up after awhile. I guess it's that time of year, but....! Maybe they, too, want me to wait a couple of days and then call back? I shaketh the fist!

So, the Xmas cards are out. I sent my co-worker's here to the office because I didn't have his home address. I got to see his reaction; he did a piercing scream/laugh when he opened it. Success! As soon as I'm sure that everyone has received theirs, I will post some of the photos from our Xmas card photo shoot that didn't make the grade.

I'm looking forward to our trip to M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I for the holidays. The drive is five hours, but there are momentous bits of the trip that I look forward to every time. I LOVE driving through Lake Providence and Tallulah, LA. We have this (bad) habit of stopping in Vicksburg, MS at a casino to get a cup of coffee & blow through $20 in 3 minutes. I'm feelin' lucky this year. Anyway, ATM's family is really nice & I always have a good time. The big hurrah is that ATM's sister-in-law just had a baby (Cade), so all eyes will be on that tot for the next 10+ years. Also, ATM's mom has the cutest doggie that everyone loves, so that's another diversion off me. For gifts this year, we're opting for perishables. Food, olive oils, coffees, nuts, wines, etc. The stuff that makes life great. I would be so thrilled to get these kinds of gifts!

FYI: We've got a new baker on the scene. KMHD made her first bread the other eve & it is good! I'm hoping she's making them as Xmas gifts. I know mum & dad would love one and it would be a great accompaniment with my banana bread. Yes, this is a big ol hint hint!

So, who's throwing the holiday party this year? Please let it be someone besides me and ATM!

P.S.

Here's a recipe that I just know you'll like. Bonus: It's vegan.

Ingredients:
1/4 c natural (no sugar) peanut butter
2 t soy sauce
1 T light brown sugar
1 T lime juice
1/4 c coconut milk
red pepper flakes or chili sauce or whatever hot condiment you prefer, to taste

Mix everything, adding the coconut milk last & heat it gently over med-low heat in a saucepan until it is blended.

Serve it with noodles topped w/ tofu, shredded carrot & cucumber. It's also a very good dipping sauce.


From a window in Judge's chamber.

7 comments:

kmhd said...

I'm feelin' the luck, too. You're gonna come out ahead!

Hint noted. Let's double whammy them with baked goods.

kmhd said...

Wow to the picture. Camera phone?

Alannah said...

We'll be hosting our 2nd annual Christmas night family-time-is-now-over boozefest, but we're all the way up in NWA....

I can't get rid of the fluid in my ear either - gross! Another good beverage to add to the rotation is the Knudsen's Lemon Ginger Echinacea juice, only heat it up and drink it hot. yum!

I make a variation on that sauce (no coconut milk) that I use for spring roll dipping sauce but HELLO! It sounds amazing as a noodle sauce...def. trying that.

Your card came yesterday. Howls of laughter up here too. I think Stella was a little disturbed by ATM (but aren't we all???).

AMD & KMHD said...

KMHD, yes, camera phone! It was just a classic grey day and I found myself blankly staring out the window. When I came around, I took a picture.

Man, it's tempting to drive up yr way for a boozefest, Alannah! We need to go NWA soon.

I will add Knudsen's to the rotation. I actually drank coffee this morning -- way to set oneself back. Not a good sick-person drank.

I'm glad the card made you laff! I, too, am disturbed by ATM.

I Know Right? said...

I just started reading your blog through a link with my friend Alannah, and its really really good stuff! hope you feel better though. being sick is some major suckage!

AMD & KMHD said...

WELCOME, I KNOW RIGHT! And thx for reading. Smiley face.

d'arezzo said...

I have bled on those steps.

Thanks for the marker. I'm vandalism-prepped for the new era.

Blog Archive